Calcium acetate and other calcium salts are phosphate binders. They work by binding with the phosphate in the food you eat, so that it is eliminated from the body without being absorbed.
• Used as a food additive, stabilizer, buffer, and sequestrant, mainly in confectionary products under the number E263.
• As a corrosion inhibitor.
• In the manufacturing of lubricants.
• As a stabilizer in resins.
• In bakery goods as an anti-mould agent.
• In gelatine as a thickener.
• As an esterification catalyst.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.