Dipotassium phosphate (K2HPO4) is a highly water-soluble salt often used as a fertilizer and food additive as a source of phosphorus and potassium as well as a buffering agent.
• A food additive, it is used in imitation dairy creamers, dry powder beverages, mineral supplements, and starter cultures. It functions as an emulsifier, stabilizer, and texturizer. It is also a buffering agent and chelating agent, especially for the calcium in milk products.
• Added in milk to increase its pH.
• In fertilizers, it is used as a component because of its highly water-soluble nature. It supplies the growing plants with a large percentage of phosphorus.
• Used in micelles as a competitive displacement of calcium by sodium.
• A source of nutrition in culturing of antibiotics.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.