Water soluble and with high phosphorus and potassium content, the predominant industrial use for DKP is fertiliser manufacture.
It is also valued for its corrosion inhibition, buffering and chelating properties, with uses across water treatment and detergents. As a food grade material, it also has extensive use in food production.
DKP appears as a white or colourless water-soluble salt. Our technical grade DKP is available as a solution, whilst our food grade DKP is a powder.
• Fertiliser manufacture: A primary or secondary source of phosphorus and potassium for promoting plant health
• Detergent manufacture: Buffering agent, water softener and chelating agent to improve product efficiency and effectiveness
• Animal feeds: A source of potassium and phosphorus
• Emulsifier, stabiliser, buffering and chelating agent: Improves texture, flavour and shelf life of cheeses, dry powder beverages, pharmaceutical products, mineral supplements and more
• Nutrition: In health and fitness products; DKP is a source of potassium and plays a role in adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production, a molecule required for energy
• Pharmaceuticals: Buffering agent in many formulations
• Corrosion inhibition: Chelates metal ions prevent scale buildup in pipes, boilers, and other water-carrying systems and equipment
• Buffering agent: Stabilises water pH
• Cosmetics: Buffering agent in formulations.
• Laboratories: Buffering agent for solution preparation.
We are a leading manufacturer, supplier and distributor of dipotassium phosphate, as well as a range of other commodity chemicals for every industry sector.
Since 1973, we have been trusted by thousands of customers across the UK and Europe to provide the highest standard of products and service.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.