Ethyl acetate is used primarily as a solvent and diluent, being favoured because of its low cost, low toxicity, and agreeable odour.
• It is primarily used as solvent and diluent
• Used in the decaffeination of coffee beans and tea leaves
• In paints as an activator and hardener
• Due to its fruity smell, it is used in perfumes, jelly etc
• Important laboratory reagent
• Used in column chromatography and extractions as solvent
• In wines
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.