Glycerine is the common term for Propane-1,2,3-triol.
Technical grade glycerine is a refined, high-purity product that is water white with most of its contaminants completely removed. It contains no methanol, soaps, salts, and other foreign matter. It is soluble in water.
Glycerine is a trihydric alcohol which is capable of being reacted under most conditions. It is also compatibile with numerous other substances. As a chemical alcohol, glycerine is also needed in numerous reactions in the production of chemicals.
• Used in the manufacture of papers as a plasticiser/humectant and lubricant.
• Used to lubricate many kinds of fibres in spinning, twist setting, knitting. and weaving operations.
• Extensive use in ink manufacture, especially the alkyd resins which are an important constituent of many printing inks.
• Used in the production of Alkyd Resins used in surface coatings and paints.
• Used in the rubber industry for its lubricating action on rubber.
• Used to manufacture antifreeze agents.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.