Caustic and highly reactive, potassium hydroxide is commonly used as a precursor in the preparation of potassium compounds, including potassium carbonates and potassium phosphates. It is also used as a catalyst for hydrothermal gasification processes.
Potassium hydroxide is also used as a precursor in the production of most soft and liquid soaps. Holding the E number E525, it has some food-approved uses as an acidity regulator and stabiliser. It holds a number of other niche applications resulting from its properties as a strong chemical base.
Our potassium hydroxide is available as solid flakes or as a liquid in a range of bulk sizes.
• Catalyst for chemical reactions
• Precursor in production of other potassium compounds
• Creation of liquid and soft soaps
• Washing, detergency and oven cleaning formulations
• Creating potassium phosphate which is used in fertilisers
• pH regulation of process waters
• Water treatment products
• Sewage treatment
• Catalyst in the transesterification process to convert vegetable oils into biodiesel
• Thickener, stabiliser and pH control agent
• Peeling of fruits and vegetables
• Catalyst in hydrothermal gasification processes
• Paint and varnish removers
• Cosmetics and personal care products
• Perfumes and fragrances
• Cuticle remover in manicure treatments
• Manufacture of alkaline batteries
• Chemical analysis and titration in laboratory settings
We are an award-winning UK supplier of potassium hydroxide. With over 50 years’ experience and privately-owned distribution capabilities, we can offer fast, secure and convenient fulfilment of any KOH requirements.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.