As a source of chlorine dioxide, sodium chlorite is most commonly used for bleaching and stripping textiles, pulp and paper.
The chemical is notably used as a disinfectant in water treatment and food processing. It is also applied in ‘Pinnick oxidation’ for the oxidation of aldehydes to carboxylic acids.
Our sodium chlorite is BPR compliant and supplied a clear, colourless chemical solution with a weak, chlorine-like odour.
• Sodium chlorite-based solutions can be used to tackle and prevent mould
• Anti-microbial: decontamination of meat and poultry carcasses and a fungicidal in washing of fruits and vegetables
• Chemical reagent: Used in production of chlorine dioxide, which is used in oxidation processes
• Water treatment and purification: Particularly of fracking waters
• Bleaching, whitening and stripping of cotton and synthetic fibres
• Bleaching of wood pulp in the papermaking industry
• Bleaching of leather in the tanning and finishing process
• Disinfection: In municipal water treatment plants
• Wastewater applications across civil, industrial and hospital areas
• Effective at neutralising odours
• Toothpaste, mouthwash and contact lens solution production (with zinc chloride)
Airedale Group’s award-winning Functional division has over 50 years’ experience supplying customers across the UK and Europe with chemical solutions.
We are a leading manufacturer, supplier and distributor of sodium chlorite in bulk sizes and varying strengths. With our privately-owned distribution capabilities, we are perfectly placed to meet your requirements securely and efficiently.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.