SHMP holds applications in water treatment, water softeners, cleaning solutions, paint manufacturing, clay processing and the production of ceramics.
It is a common ingredient in tooth whitening toothpastes and mouthwashes, with uses for water softening in bath salts. SHMP holds the additive E-number E452i and, in food grade format, is used for texturising, emulsifying and thickening.
Our solid SHMP is available as a white, odourless powder in 25kg bulk bags, and as a clear, colourless liquid solution in various sizes: 25L, 200L, 1000L or bulk transfer.
An award-winning chemical distributor with over 50 years’ experience, we are leading manufacturers and suppliers of SHMP. Through our privately-owned fleet, we offer our customers fast, secure UK-wide delivery.
• A sequestering agent, SHMP reduces biofilm formation, scale formation, corrosion and the leaching of copper and lead in industrial water systems and pipes.
• Included in water softeners, detergent products, dishwashing products and industrial cleaning formulas. SHMP increases their efficiency by sequestering minerals.
• Whitening, buffering and pH regulation agent in toothpastes and mouthwashes.
• Water softener in bath salts.
• Chelating and masking agent in other cosmetic products.
• Deflocculant in clay processing.
• Used for preparing solutions for the production of ceramics.
• Improves colour retention and dye absorption in textile treatment products, dyes and paper manufacturing.
• A dispersing agent when producing paints and coatings.
• Emulsifier: in canned milk, cheese powders, imitation cheese, roast beef, breakfast cereals, ice cream, packaged egg whites and more to maintain texture.
• Sequestrant: extends shelf life, enhances flavour and prevents turbidity in fruit juices and carbonated beverages.
• Stabiliser: can stabilise pigments in canned beans, vegetables and fruits.
• Used in metal surface treatment products.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.