Solid TKPP is a white conglomerate or grain-like granule. As a liquid, it comes as a clear, odourless solution, soluble in water but insoluble in ethanol.
TKPP is often used as a highly-soluble, low-sodium and environmentally-friendly alternative to sodium acid pyrophosphate (SAPP, also known as sodium pyrophosphate).
A technical grade chemical potassium phosphate derivative, TKPP has excellent chelating capabilities and holds application across cleaning, water treatment, oil and gas and more.
We are award-winning suppliers of TKPP with over 50 years’ experience as a leading chemical distributor. Our privately-owned fleet allows us to offer fast, secure UK-wide delivery to meet any requirement.
• A soap and detergent builder.
• A water softener and combines magnesium to sequester it from detergents.
• Used to reactivate detergents or soaps that have combined calcium to make insoluble scum.
• Used in the mining of ore and clay as well as an oil drilling fluid.
• TKPP has a higher solubility in water treatment formulations than sodium derivatives.
• Used in cooling tower water treatment processes as both a corrosion and scale inhibitor.
• Used in boiler descaling to avoid inefficiency, plugged tubes, under-deposit corrosion, hot spots caused by scale build up.
• Used in oil drilling fluid and in the mining of ore and clay.
• Prevents scale and corrosion buildup in pipes, pumps and other equipment.
• In food grade format, TKPP has widespread applications as a buffering agent, thickening agent, emulsifier and preservative for extending shelf life.
• Dyeing: Used to improve colour fastness and dye absorption.
• Paints and coatings: a levelling agent, sequestrant and pigment dispersant.
• Ceramic and porcelain production: used as a dispersing agent.
• Synthetic rubber production.
• Electroplating: to remove surface oxidation and prepare metal surfaces.
• Concrete production: a retarder for improving workability and controlling setting time.
• Fire extinguishers: An additive in fire retardant formulations.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.