Monosodium phosphate is one of many sodium phosphates. Some of the most common industrial applications for MSP are in water treatment, cleaning agents; it helps to sequester metal ions.
Food grade MSP holds uses in animal feeds and the production of many everyday foods, acting as a pH control agent, emulsifier and stabilising agent.
The MSP we manufacture is available as a technical or food grade material. As a liquid, it is a clear, colourless liquid with no distinguishing odour. As a solid, it is a white powder with no distinguishing odour.
• Pet food manufacture: Emulsifier
• Detergents and cleaning agents: Sequesters ions to help in water softening
• Animal feeds: Source of phosphorus
As a food grade material:
• Buffering agent and acidity regulator
• Emulsifier, texturiser, thickener and stabiliser
• Humectant (water retention agent) for processed meat
• Leavening agent in baked goods
• Pharmaceuticals: pH buffer
• Nutritional supplements: Source of phosphorus
• Metal surface treatment and finishing
• pH control for acid-type metal cleaners
• Fire retardant for production of fabrics
• Paints and coatings: Buffering and chelating agent
• Sequesters iron, calcium and magnesium ions to prevent scale buildup
• Cosmetics: Buffering agent to enhance stability and shelf life
• Laboratory settings: Preparation of buffer solutions
At Airedale Group, we are an award-winning multi-service chemical partner for customers across the UK and Europe.
With over 50 years’ experience, state-of-the-art facilities and our own delivery fleet, we are a leading monosodium phosphate supplier and manufacturer.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.