Calcium hydroxide is an inorganic compound which comes in the form of a colourless crystal or white powder and is produced when quicklime is mixed with water.
• Employed in water and sewage treatment to neutralize acidic water and as a flocculant
• Breaking down the hemicellulose, the major component of the cell wall in corn, making it easier to grind and digest
• Adjusting the pH of acidic soils and providing important nutrients for plant growth, mainly calcium
• In the making of mortars and plasters
• Calcium hydroxide is used in dentistry as a pulp capping agent and in endodontic procedures
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.