HCl is commonly used in the steel pickling industry and the production of organic and inorganic chemicals. It is also used to regulate pH of process water in food, water treatment, pharmaceuticals and other industries.
Other common uses for HCl include cleaning and the production of agrochemical fertilisers and pesticides.
Available in a range of strengths and pack sizes, our hydrochloric acid is supplied as a colourless-to-light-yellow liquid. It is highly corrosive, strong acid with a pungent smell.
• Production of organic and inorganic compounds, including vinyl chloride and dichloroethane for PVC
• Production of petrochemicals (plastics, detergents and synthetic rubbers)
• A catalyst and reactant in chemical synthesis
• pH adjustment of process waters and wastewater
• Mining and processing ores
• Making oil wells more acidic to stimulate production
• Cleaning and removing scale, rust and other deposits across many industrial environments
• Manufacture of fertilisers and dyes
• Adjusting acidity in food production
• For pH control during dyeing and finishing
• pH control during leather tanning and finishing and plastic and rubber production
• Steel pickling and pre-galvanising cleaning
• Neutralising water in swimming pools
• pH regulation in the pharmaceutical and cosmetics production
• Etching and cleaning components during manufacture of electronics
• Production of batteries and pyrotechnics
Looking to bulk buy hydrochloric acid? We’re an award-winning supplier, with over 50 years’ experience and privately-owned distribution capabilities. We are perfectly placed to meet any requirements quickly, securely and safely.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.