Our sodium bicarbonate is supplied as a colourless liquid. In its white crystalline solid form, it is often referred to as baking soda, bread soda, cooking soda and bicarbonate of soda.
Across industry, sodium bicarbonate can buffer, neutralise and act as a source of CO2. It has uses across water treatment, oil and gas, pulp and paper processing, soda blasting, cleaning, cooking, cattle feed supplements, fire extinguisher manufacture and pyrotechnics.
With 50 years’ experience and our own privately-owned distribution fleet, we are leading bulk sodium bicarbonate suppliers and are perfectly placed to meet any requirement.
• Biopesticide: an effective way of controlling fungus growth.
• Sold as a cattle feed supplement.
• Mild disinfectant: an effective fungicide in some contexts.
• Softener replacement and odour removal alternative: added to washing machines.
• Soda blasting: particles are blasted against surfaces for cleaning, stripping, restoration, rust removal and more.
• Effective when used as a paste in cleaning and scrubbing.
• Used in water treatment products.
• Used as a pH regulator.
• Flue gas treatment processes: a dry sorbent used in scrubbers to react with pollutants.
• Drilling: reacts with calcium ions to produce inert calcium precipitate when chemically treating drilling mud.
• Pulping processes: stabilises pH and increases alkalinity.
• Pyrotechnics: a key component in some fireworks.
• Fire extinguishers: Used in to smother flames.
• Acid neutralisation: reacts spontaneously with acids.
• Foam blowing: used as a ‘blowing agent’ in manufacture of rigid foams.
• Primarily used in cooking as a leavening agent.
• Sometimes used in cooking vegetables, to make them softer.
• Used as an ingredient in some mouthwashes.
• In combination with other ingredients, used to make a dry or wet deodorant.
• Used in a process for removing paint and corrosion.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.