Sodium bicarbonate can buffer, neutralise and act as a source of CO2. It has uses across water treatment, oil and gas, pulp and paper processing, soda blasting and many more.
In food and drink production, sodium bicarbonate is used chiefly as a leavening agent. When it reacts with acid, carbon dioxide is released, causing expansion of doughs and batters.
In its white crystalline solid form, it is often referred to as baking soda, bread soda, cooking soda and bicarbonate of soda. Our sodium bicarbonate is supplied as a colourless liquid in a range of bulk sizes.
• Biopesticide for controlling fungus growth
• Mild disinfectant and fungicide
• Softener and odour removal for washing machines
• Soda blasting: for cleaning, stripping, restoration and rust removal
• Paste in cleaning and scrubbing.
• Cattle feed supplement
• Leavening for baked goods: cakes, muffins, cookies
• Tenderising in meat and vegetables processing
• pH adjustment
• Enhances crispiness in fried foods
• Flue gas treatment processes: a dry sorbent used in scrubbers to react with pollutants
• Oil drilling mud treatment: reacts with calcium ions to produce inert calcium precipitate
• Pulping processes: stabilises pH and increases alkalinity.
• Water treatment products: a pH regulator
• Pyrotechnics: a key component in some fireworks
• Fire extinguishers: Used in to smother flames
• Acid neutralisation
• Foam blowing: used as a ‘blowing agent’ in manufacture of rigid foams
• Mouthwash ingredient
• Dry or wet deodorant ingredient
We are a leading, award-winning UK supplier of bulk liquid sodium bicarbonate. With over 50 years’ experience, state-of-the-art facilities and privately-owned distribution, we are perfectly placed to meet your requirements.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.