Deionised water has been purified of almost all mineral ions including chloride, copper, calcium, iron and sodium. Anions like chloride and sulphate are also removed.
It has particular value in environments where water contaminants or scale buildup are undesirable. This commonly includes critical cleaning, laboratories, industrial cooling systems and in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, electronics and batteries.
Clear, colourless and with no distinguishing odour, our specification is in line with 1 microsiemens per centimetre.
• Critical cleaning: For removal of contaminants, such as in human medical devices, drugs and cleanrooms
• Pharmaceuticals and cosmetics: A raw material, ingredient or solvent when processing, formulating or manufacturing
• Laboratory settings: Extensive use in experiments and testing
• Cooling systems: Reduces mineral scale build-up
• Lead acid battery manufacture: Prevents cells being eroded
• Electronics manufacture: For rinsing components such as semiconductors and circuit boards
• Automotive: Used in paint application and in topping up cooling systems
• Metal surface treatment: Avoids impurities in metal plating and anodising
• Power plants: Used for avoiding scale buildup in boilers and turbines
• Avoids contamination in food processing
• Dyeing processes: To ensure consistent results
• Freshwater and marine aquariums: for controlling mineral content of water housing sensitive aquatic life
• Humidors: prevents stored tobacco products from gathering bacteria and mould
• Fire extinguishers: provides low electronic conductivity
At Airedale Group, our Functional division boasts over 50 years’ experience. We are a leading bulk supplier and distributor of high-purity deionised water to customers across the UK and Europe.
With state-of-the-art facilities and privately-owned distribution, trust our award-winning team to meet your requirements quickly and securely.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.