Sodium bisulphite solution is a clear, yellow solution with a sulphur dioxide odour and holds the chemical formula NaHSO3 and is also generally used as a food additive with E number E222.
With over 50 years’ experience, state-of-the-art facilities and our own distribution fleet, we are leading manufacturers and suppliers of sodium bisulphite.
• Destroying waste bromine
• For bleaching wool and jute
• For solubilising tanning extracts
• Added to large piping systems to prevent oxidative corrosion
• Added following disinfection with a chlorine solution to neutralise the residual chlorine before discharging the treated effluent
• An antichlor and in the detoxification of cyanide and chromate
• Flavouring preservative in winemaking
• In fruit canning to prevent browning and to kill microbes.
• Added to leafy green vegetables in salad bars and elsewhere, to preserve apparent freshness
• As a preservative in fruits and starch
• As an enzyme inhibitor in melanin formation (black and brown spots)
• Colour preservative and bacterial growth inhibitor on fruits and vegetables and some seafood.
• Bleaching agent in flour and grains
• Dough conditioner to enhance the rise and preserve the freshness of bread
• For purifying and isolating aldehydes and ketones
• Common reducing agent in the chemical industries
• For developer solutions and acidifying fixing baths
• For bleaching ground wood
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.