The phosphoric acid we distribute is an 85% strength aqueous solution, holding the formula H3PO4 with a conjugate base of phosphate, PO3−4. It is a colourless solution with no distinctive odour.
We are leading suppliers of phosphoric acid to industry. Bulk pack sizes available with quick, UK-wide distribution from our dedicated fleet.
• Phosphate fertiliser production: Used to lower the pH of nutrient solutions in hydroponics systems.
• Animal feed production: A source of phosphorus.
• A chelant in some household cleaners.
• A dispersing agent in detergents and leather treatment.
• A pH adjuster to improve the effectiveness of formulations.
• A cleaner by construction trades to remove mineral deposits, cementitious smears, and hard water stains.
• The electrolyte in phosphoric acid fuel cells.
• A catalyst in the hydration of alkenes to produce alcohols, predominantly ethanol.
• Controlling the pH of process waters and wastewater.
• Rust and corrosion prevention on equipment.
• Construction: a retardant in the manufacture of cement products.
Please note: We are unable to sell chemicals to members of the public.